Monday, November 8, 2010

Texas Renaissance Festival

What better way to spend our last day in the good ol' US of A than with our friend Patrick (and his entourage) at the Texas Renaissance Festival?

The RenFest is something I remember fondly from my days at Texas A&M, and Patrick and I had been looking forward to this for days. TJ, on the other hand, was dreading it with a passion. It was with great satisfaction that I witnessed TJ enjoy himself immensely. Just as I realized yesterday that the San Jacinto Monument isn't as mediocre as I remembered, TJ learned today that the Texas Renaissance Festival is unlike any other (especially that lame one in Florida).

This was a realization that hit him almost immediately, as we were entertained by this wonderful comedian/magician.



The jousting was kinda boring, but our
enjoyment of the day was untarnished.


These are some happy folks.

This was pretty.

So was this.

Patrick gave his sexy pose and TJ
experimented with some new outfits.

I tried out the longbow.
Xena mugged for the camera.

We watched an amazing glass-blowing demonstration.

We celebrated our fun day with giant
Margarita/Strawberry Daiquiri Swirls.

...while this cutie
tapped the keg.

Thank you, Patrick, for hosting us this weekend. As always, it's been fun.

Next stop...Guadalajara!


No comments:

Post a Comment