Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ohhh...So THIS Is What A Change In Weather Feels Like

Something...unusual happened last night. You see, it was quite warm during the day, but when the sun went down, it got...cool? In early October? That doesn't make any sense.

And not only that, but the weather was drizzly the majority of last week. Despite being warm yesterday, today was kind of chilly. And now, it's drizzling again?

I'm so confused. I've spent 7 years living in Florida. I'm not accustomed to such things. It doesn't start cooling off until December, and even then, you won't need a jacket until January. And it only rains in the summertime between 4 and 4:15pm.

I mean, sure, it was snowing when we moved here in February, but that is a distant memory...like we were on vacation somewhere else. It's hard to believe that it will be snowing again soon.

And yet, not soon enough, I'm afraid. A bit of research has shown that snowfall in early-November is unlikely. Pity. I wanted to see Bernard before we left. And I did kinda enjoy slipping and falling on my butt in the snow. I thought it was funny, and laughed every time.

By mid-November we will be living in snow-free Guadalajara and frantically searching for frozen turkeys, green bean casseroles, and canned cranberry sauce. I'm actually looking forward to it. We spent an amazing Halloween in Paris last year, so I know it's possible to enjoy American holidays abroad.

Upside? American AND Mexican holidays will be part of my social calendar.

Downside? Any acclimation to seasons other than hot and hotter will quickly fade over the next two years of Florida-like weather.





No comments:

Post a Comment