Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Epic Fail

Ok, so just as I felt recuperated enough to write something grand and marvelous about my trip to Mexico City (or, depending on your outlook, trite and self-important)...the Internet went and died on me. It's been dead for over a week now. Land line, too.

Telmex is the culprit. Evil, evil Telmex. With their monopoly on the Mexican interwebs, they are able to pee in your eye, offer you some sandpaper to dry it off, and still know that they will have your money at the end of the day. Service with a (sinister) smile.

They told us last Thursday that a service request had been placed for us. It would take 72 hours for a response, not including weekends. On Tuesday, facing another day without connectivity, we called for a status update. We found out that our ticket had not been responded to (duh).

But not to worry. They have placed another request for us. Our case has been elevated to a higher tier of customer service. We can expect a response in....72 hours.

We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm sitting at Starbucks, reminiscing about my first month here in Guadalajara. The month without the World Wide Web. What a horrible world to live in.

I could blog. But I'm too jumped up on Caramel Frappuccino.

No comments:

Post a Comment