Friday, September 3, 2010

365 Challenge, Day 48: The Fruits of My Labors


Perhaps even more shocking than the fact that I managed to work my entire last day of work without bailing early was the knock on my door early this afternoon. My amazing co-workers have wished me a fond farewell courtesy of Edible Arrangements. Thanks guys! I love you all!

By working remotely from our State Department-provided apartment in Falls Church, VA these past six months, I have been able to hold on to a semblance of our old life in Orlando.

Today, I cut the cord. Today was my last day working for CuraScript. On Tuesday, I throw myself into two months of intensive language training. In November, I move to Guadalajara. By February, I will have been living away form Orlando for an entire year.

Our new life has been underway for six months now. Only I wasn't fully invested in it. I didn't have to be. I was still tied to Orlando. Now, I have no choice but to be completely involved. There's no going back now. And I wouldn't have it any other way.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful arrangement! So exciting (and sad) that you're moving.

    Me

    ReplyDelete