Monday, September 6, 2010

365 Challenge, Day 51: Yo Soy Betty, la Fea

Tomorrow I start a two month language training program at the Foreign Service Institute.

It will be the first weekday since early February that I have had to wake up before 8am, get dressed, tame my frizzy hair, put on my contact lenses, and leave the house to interact with other human beings in a professional environment.

Essentially, it will be the first weekday in six months that I have not looked like Ugly Betty.

Words cannot express how anxious I am for this. I will be ever grateful for having sustained a paycheck over the last 1/2 year, but working from home could seriously drive a man to tears.

I can only hope that I am able to absorb enough Spanish in the next two months to make life bearable upon moving to Guadalajara. Oh, and that my readers noticed that Betty is wearing her Guadalajara poncho here, thus providing the clever yet weak link between today's photo and story.

No comments:

Post a Comment